Tuesday 18 March 2014

Dougie- Painting British Part 4- Badges/Boots/Weapons/Equipment

Dougie is back again, having given us all a couple of days to try his Multi-cam technique (I did, did you?). He returns to finish off the other elements of the model, guns, boots and badges. All things which if you get right, will really add a cool element to your figures.

First off I’ve painted the uniform badges; I’ve restricted this to jump wings and 3PARA DZ Patch. Here’s a photo of the actual kit, the jump wings are subdued and below them on the Velcro is the green 3PARA DZ patch


Here’s a close up of my version on the figure...


I’ve painted his boots starting with a base of VMC SS Cam Blk Brown 822, then brought the sand coloured boots up using the following colours from dark to light, VMC Cork Brown 843, VMC Tan Yellow 912 and VMC Dark Sand 847.


For modern weapons I’ve never been keen on using metallic colours, so I use a range of Greys running from VMC German Grey 995 to VMC Light Grey 990 and the shades in between.


I then finished off the helmet band, strap, gloves and radio earpiece and boom mike.

This is the front and back views below of the completed figure.


The next update we’ll be varnishing the figure and finishing the base.
Later, Dougie

5 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful, Dougie you are an inspiration and I patiently await your next posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Don, not be long till my next post!
      Dougie

      Delete
  2. Brilliant work Dougie. Your camo captures the effect really well. Just while I am here - I like your personal blog too! The Falklands stuff looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Craig, I'm hoping to put some in theatre shots up with these guys at the weekend!
      Dougie

      Delete